Monday, May 2, 2011

Blind Faith


During my senior year of high I skipped school and went down to the local recruiter’s office and signed up for the Army. I didn’t tell my girlfriend who is my wife now or my parents I just signed on the dotted line and off to Columbus they took me to be inducted.  I was young and ready to tackle the world but I also had a blind kind of faith that things would work out.  Similar to the blind faith it takes to trust the Lord when your reach exceeds your grasp.  Living by faith in a time when you have no guarantee of success is similar to what the Lord requested of Abraham when he told him to “leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.” (Genesis 12:10)  To live with blind faith requires surrender not blind risk.  The Lord is not telling us to risk blindly on our own dreams and efforts but to yield control to his will and follow him with faith in His plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment